My nighttime routine is a pretty simple one: wash face, brush teeth, remove eye makeup, maybe stretch a bit, and then get between the sheets with a magazine and try to keep my eyes pried open so I can get caught up on the latest goings-on with Katie Holmes (the drama!).
Here are the things you’ll always find on or in my bedside table:
1. A vintage jewelry dish for storing my wear-everyday pieces overnight. Flea markets are a great place to pick these up, but if you’re impatient Urban Outfitters has pretty ones, as well.
2. A water glass and a pretty carafe (water water water water).
3. Simple Skincare’s Cleansing Facial Wipes: they’re specially made for sensitive skin (and have no alcohol, so they’re non-drying), and are a gentle, super-quick way to get my face clean on nights when I’m too tired to mosey on over to the bathroom (this happens more frequently than I like to admit). They’re also great for travel.
4. A moisturizing lip treatment, which gets applied before bed and whenever I wake up during the night (I’m a fanatic about having moisturized lips), and right now am into Baby Lips mostly because the packaging is fun.
5. Cotton balls and Simple Skincare Eye Makeup Remover: as far as beauty products for sensitive skin go, this one is a must. My eyes are easily irritated, but this one has no dyes, no fragrance, nothing…and gently gets off every trace of my beloved liquid liner without any greasy residue whatsoever. New favorite.
6. Lavender spray for the sheets: every night, always. I love it.
7. US Weekly, for before-bed perusing, and glasses so I don’t miss any little detail of the latest celebrity goings-on.
8. A sleep mask. Mine isn’t leopard, but I think it should be. …Right?