FINALLY. Thank god.
Love Mary’s picks!
I’m not sure if you’ve noticed, but men’s over-sized board shorts have been shrinking down to legit bathing suits that fit!
I first noticed this trend in LA last year when Andy introduced me to Orlebar Brown at The Monocle Shop. You know after someone points something out to you, you start to see it everywhere. Shorter trunks were popular in from the 50’s through the 80’s, I’m so glad they’re back! I mean, you know they’re back when J Crew has a selection :)
Brands are offering a range of inseams now from 9” (just above the knee) to 5” (pretty darn short). Here are a few suggestions:
All three of these brands offer up to a 9” inseam. Abs not included.
J. Crew has a ton of options, all on sale now until June 8. However, the fabric doesn’t seem as durable and the cut isn’t as slim as the first three brands I mentioned.
The key to this look is a slim fit. No matter your belly; there isn’t a bathing suit around that can conceal that. So flatter the rest of your figure and show off some leg! Keep your eyes open boys, you’ll see the tides have changed.
- matipesciolina likes this
- a-golden-bird likes this
- jjae likes this
- winstonwolfe said: So if I wear these trunks women will want piggy back rides? Cool.
- kristysfoodandfitness likes this
- population-e likes this
- nomnomnamaste said: for real! i lived in australia three years ago and all the boys wore stubbies…it’s catching on in the states, but now it’s just to convince straight men that girls are into them. which I am.
- thebluehour likes this
- ramshackleglam reblogged this from maryrambin and added:
- maryrambin posted this