Apparently there is a first time for everything, and last night there was a first time for me and a leather bralet.
Obsessed with this Express lips tee.
Speaking of tees – remember my favorite oversized tee? The BooHoo one I wrote about last week? I just learned (via Small N Mighty) that you can use the code GIVEME20 to get 20% off your order. (If you’re wondering what size to get: the tee is cut to be slouchy, so order your regular size for a loose fit.)
Interesting article on Internet trolling and the things people will do if no one knows about them (viaGala).
BrunchCritic is throwing a Brazilian Brunch party on December 8 at SushiSamba! Tickets are $45 in advance ($55 at the door) and include brunch, unlimited mimosas/caipirinhas, and a live Samba band.
This post by Georgina makes me so happy.
Orlane’s Anti-Fatigue Radiance Cream remains one of my all-time favorite splurge beauty products – it’s very expensive, but absolutely phenomenal and makes an immediate and visible difference in how your skin looks and feels.
The new documentary Journey To Normal (trailer above) explores the challenges faced women veterans who have served in Iraq/Afghanistan in recent years – primarily being away from their families and adjusting back to civilian life when they return. It’s an incredible project; learn more about how the film came to be here.
Jaclyn has super-cute ideas about matchy (but not cheesy) Christmas morning pajamas for the whole fam.
Congratulations to Amy H. for winning the HowAboutWe giveaway! (Remember, you can use this promo link to get $50 off of your first date through the service…which means that there are a bunch of dates – including ice skating in Central Park, a boozy brunch at Maharlika, and beer & ping-pong for two at King Pong – you can go on absolutely free.) I’ll also be announcing the winner of the Dove Nourishing Oil Care giveaway tomorrow, so stay tuned.
Making my pumpkin soup for a YMCA potluck tonight. Next pumpkin recipe to try: the pumpkin turkey chili that Diana recommended (via Twitter).
These brown-and-orange toddlers’ hiking boots by Clarks are very tough-little-man, and so cute.
Morgan just sent me this picture of Sienna Miller’s honey-blonde hair. It’s gorgeous, for those of you looking for some color inspiration.
Julibox is Birchbox…for cocktails (they deliver everything you need to make two specialty cocktails each month). Very cool Christmas gift for the right person.
Just wearing some PJs in public.
Butternut Squash, Green Apple & Pecan Salad
SO much fun hosting the White House Black Market event for Marie Claire mag.
What I wore (and holiday style suggestions for you) here.
New style post, featuring a bracelet I designed for Pandora and an awesome $36 swing dress.
Want to win a full set of my favorite Dove products? Just comment under this post.
Walnut, Cherry & Goat Cheese Salad
In a small bowl, make the dressing by whisking together 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice, 1 tsp fresh lemon zest, and a sprinkling of good sea salt.
In a large bowl, toss together 4 cups mixed baby greens, 1/2 cup dried cherries, 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, 2 oz crumbled goat cheese, and your dressing. Serve immediately.
Subtle like bam.
(Amazing, amazing throw blankets that look like animals but are not, today on RG.)
I sent this picture to my Mum and begged her to knit me this jumper.
This makes me want to learn how to knit something other than a blanket.
Ridiculously love. (Juicy Couture, $98)
I have found you the perfect t-shirt.
1. I have been drinking hot chocolate (the powdered Swiss Miss kind, not the fancy kind pictured here) like it’s my job for the past three days, mostly because my tastebuds are on strike and hot chocolate tastes as close to “good” as anything is going to get.
2. New PJs let me pretend that I am not scary-looking (I am).
3. The Lion King has been on repeat for son-entertaining purposes. The only problem with this is that being sick makes me an emotional basket case, and all I need to do is see that monkey lift baby Simba into the air for the waterworks to start (forget about the music; I can’t eventhink about the music in The Lion King without crying).
4. Oh my god, I love NyQuil so much.
5. Eye masks facilitate mid-day naps enormously. Mine is a black Bucky version with little pockets so you can blink, which is great, but leopard would be nice as well.
6. I should probably just buy stock in Smith’s Rosebud Salve.
7. UGG slippers (I own the Dakota) are the best. So cozy, and well-made, and (since the holiday season is on the way) an excellent gift, as well.
8. I haven’t lit a candle all weekend long – luxuriating in lovely scents hasn’t exactly been at the top of the priority list – but it occurred to me as I was writing this post that it might make me feel better to spruce up my surroundings a bit (I’m presently lying on the couch in a pile of tissues and dogs). So that’s what I’m going to do now.