I LOVED my bridesmaids’ espresso Vera Wang dresses, and thought they were both sexy and elegant. When you’re going long with bridesmaids’ gowns, my suggestion is to choose a subtler color - vibrant colors on long dresses can be overwhelming, and you don’t want to draw focus from the bride.
So now the question remains - and I’m hoping some of you veteran brides have suggestions here - what should the bridesmaids wear?
Here’s the pertinent information:
1) There will be five bridesmaids.
2) Allie wants a shade of purple.
3) Because the wedding gown is so dramatic, she’s thinking the bridesmaids’ dresses should be long … although she’s not opposed to anything.
4) The maids are a bit height challenged (I’m the tallest, and I’m 5’4”).
5) She is also not opposed to putting us in different cuts of the same dress/shade that might be more flattering to each of us individually.
6) The wedding itself will take place in a Catholic church, and the reception will be in the very formal University Club of Chicago.
Suggestions? Email me! Julia@NonSociety.com
Oh and … one more bonus question … Britt has decided to have three groomsmen and two grooms … er … maids? What should THEY wear?? Black dresses in the same style as the maids? A different shade of purple? Tuxedos?? Is there protocol here?